The first International Workshop on Micropiles was held in Seattle in 1997 and was attended by a strong delegation from Japan, Europe and North America. Subsequent workshops were held in Ube, Japan (1999); Turku, Finland (2000); Venice, Italy (2002); Seattle, WA (2003); and Tokyo, Japan (2004). Following incorporation, ISM has held numerous additional workshops. Between 50 and 100 delegates have participated actively in the workshops. Official workshop proceedings have been developed for each of the workshops and are available through the Publications page on this website.
The Workshops provide an opportunity for members to meet, present and exchange data, and share experiences and developments on a relatively informal basis. Workshops include technical presentations covering regional states-of-practice; advancements of micropile construction, materials, research and development; and educational/promotional activities. Having the luxury of focusing on micropiles solely, the technical content of the workshops is more detailed than may be offered reasonably at more general engineering events, which cover a range of technologies.
Information on ISM’s workshop and proceedings may be found at the following links:
- 13th International Workshop on Micropiles, Vancouver, BC, Canada 2017
- 12th ISM Workshop, Kraków, Poland 2014
- 11th ISM Workshop, Milan, Italy 2012
- 10th ISM Workshop, Washington, DC 2010
- 9th ISM Workshop, London, England, UK 2009
- 8th ISM Workshop, Toronto, ON, Canada 2007
- 7th ISM Workshop, Schrobenhausen, Germany 2006
- 6th International Workshop on Micropiles, Tokyo, Japan 2004
- 5th International Workshop on Micropiles, Seattle, WA 2003
- 4th International Workshop on Micropiles, Venice, Italy 2002
- 3rd International Workshop on Micropiles, Turku, Finland 2000
- 2nd International Workshop on Micropiles, Ube, Japan 1999
- 1st International Workshop on Micropiles, Seattle, WA 1997